Crime Scene Forensics Unit
The Forensic Services Unit is responsible for:
- Processing crime scenes
- Evidence collection
- Forensic photography
- Processing evidence involving crimes against persons (i.e. Robbery, Homicide, Sexual Assaults, and Property Crime i.e. Breaking and Entering)
- Evaluating and interpretation of evidence after processing
- Collecting and comparing fingerprints from crime scenes and evidence submitted for individualizations
- Assisting in processing scenes for Major Crimes and evidence for smaller surrounding agencies upon their request.
- Testifying in court on the evidence collected at crime scenes, the methods used in the processing of evidence and the results of processing and how it relates to the crime.