Applications are currently being accepted for these positions:
Deputy Sheriff Annual Salary – DOE (minimum $31,087)
Detention Officer Annual Salary – DOE (minimum $24,753)
Closing Date: Continuous Recruitment
As you explore your options for a career in criminal justice, we would like to encourage you to consider the employment opportunities available with the Duplin County Sheriff’s Office. We feel that we are one of the most professional and respected law enforcement agencies in the state, and that is the direct result of the dedicated men and women in our agency.
We are always seeking qualified and motivated people to work with our agency. As you know, a sheriff’s office is unique in that we have employment opportunities for all phases of law enforcement. For those who are interested in the law enforcement phase, we have sworn deputy sheriff positions. For those who have an interest in the corrections phase, we have positions available for civilian detention officers for our detention division.
The Duplin County Sheriff’s Office offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package for its employees which is very important when considering employment. We also feel that Duplin County is a wonderful place to live and has much to offer its citizens.
In order to apply for employment with our agency for either a sworn or detention officer’s position, you must meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must have a valid NC Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Must be of good moral character and pass a thorough background investigation
- Must pass a post-offer drug screening a psychological test prior to employment
- At a minimum, applicants must have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate
- Applicants who have prior military service must have received an honorable discharge from active military service.
- Experience and a degree in the Criminal Justice or Human Services field is preferred. Applicants considered for employment must complete a Sheriffs’ Education and Training Standards Commission Personal History Statement (Form F-3) and disclose all requested information to the best of their ability. Applicants are subject to criminal records checks, background investigations and may be referred for psychological evaluation. Pre-employment testing in truth verification (polygraph or voice stress analysis) may be required.
To apply, submit an application and F-3 to Captain Jason Brock at the Duplin County Sheriff’s Office Administrative Building located at 112 West Hill Street, Kenansville, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a. m. til 5:00 p. m. Applications and F-3 forms can be obtained at the sheriff’s office or printed from the link below:
To view other job opportunities with Duplin County, click here .
Duplin County is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.